One of the most valuable gifts you can give us is your time. Volunteers assist us with several museum activities, including: museum admissions, education programs, data entry, gardening, photo scanning, committee work, tours and special events.
The entire community benefits from your service. Last year the economic impact of tourism was over $162 million. Tourism is a huge contributor to the economy in St. Joseph and Buchanan County. Here is your opportunity to take part.
The St. Joseph Museums welcomes volunteers ages 15 and over. Whether you are looking for a college internship or something to do during your retirement, we have the right opportunity for you!
The St. Joseph Museums seeks volunteers to help with many tasks, including:
- Docents for the Wyeth-Tootle Mansion and the Glore Psychiatric Museum
- Data Entry
- Exhibit Design and Fabrication
- Collections cataloguing and care
- Library and Archives
- Gift Shop and Admissions
- Lawn and Garden Care
Volunteer roles requiring monthly meetings:
- Fundraising committee
- Board and Governance
- Educational Programming Committee– including providing programs to school groups on topics such as Cultural Diversity and Western Expansion
10 good reasons for volunteering!
- To meet people and make new friends
- To put spare time to good use
- To gain new experiences or learn new skills
- To do something enjoyable
- To make use of existing skills
- To build confidence an take on new responsibilities
- To be valued, appreciated and feel useful
- To gain a sense of achievement
- To give something back to the community
- To do something of special or personal interest