Throughout the year, The St. Joseph Museum offers creative, hands-on and educational events for children.
Featured exhibits at the museums are also offered for children year-round; view the image Gallery here.
Suggested activities for children include:
Annual Events for Children:
Co-Sponsored by Missouri Western State University
& the St. Joseph Museums
Super Science Saturday, January 27, 2018: To be held at MWSU Remington Hall/Agenstein Hall, 4525 Downs Drive, St. Joseph, Missouri, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Held on the last Saturday in January, Super Science Saturday brings educators from Missouri Western State University and area high schools together to present interactive science experiments for children of all ages. Meteorologists from KQ2 and KNPN Fox 26 television stations provide weather related experiments. Admission is $3 for adults and students. Children five and under are free of charge. Parking is free.
Let’s Go Explore!
Join the American Girl® Doll Club!
Each month children learn about a different character, her time period, lifestyle, hobbies, and games she would have played. Children will get to craft an item related to the featured doll to take home with them. The admission fee includes the program, craft session, and a snack. Reservations are required. To register for the American Girl® Doll Club please contact Sarah Elder at 816.232.8471, ext. 19 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The doll or dolls to be featured are:
- January 8, 2017: Melody Ellison
- February 12, 2017: Addy Walker
- March 12, 2017: Miss Hyogo, a Doll Museum doll will be featured.
- April 9, 2017: Maryellen Larkin
- May 7, 2017: Fashion Show at the Wyeth-Tootle Mansion, 1100 Charles Street, St. Joseph, Missouri
- September 10, 2017: Kaya will be the featured doll and the craft will be basket weaving.
- October 8, 2017: Rebecca Rubin
- November 12, 2017: Molly McIntyre & Introducing New Doll Nanea Mitchell (The inspiration for the new doll, Dorinda Makanaonalani Nicholson, will be on hand to share her story at 2 p.m. The public is invited to hear her at no charge.)
Date: Meets 2nd Sunday of each month with the exception of May.
Time: 2 – 4:00 p.m.
Location: St. Joseph Museum, 3406 Frederick Avenue, St. Joseph, MO 64506, with the exception of May – Cost: $8 per child or $6 per child for museum members
Contact Information: Sarah Elder at 816.232.8471, ext. 19 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org